Author Archives: Mama Goose
Hey, Ithaca Families!
We hope you and your loved ones healthy and well. We are now in Phase 2 of NYS Forward and are happy to announce that we are ready to welcome you back into the store on June 11! There are lots of significant changes and caveats to this re-opening, so please read on carefully and keep an eye on our website for future updates.
When we started working on our re-opening plan, it became clear to the team that another issue was at the forefront of our minds. Our support of BLM and the fight against systematic racial injustice isn’t new, but we’ve been asking ourselves how we can be more intentional as a small business. We feel strongly that simply saying “Black Lives Matter” isn’t enough. Below are some of the things we are doing as a company to be better allies:
- Prioritize selling the products of local BIPOC artists and artisans. Please apply HERE to our Local Maker Program. This project started at Mimi’s Attic but has grown to include Mama Goose too.
- Reaching out to local, black-owned businesses to see how we can drive business towards them through partnerships and collaborations.
- Donate 10% of our profits from June 12-17 to programs that provide services and support to our local BIPOC community. Funds will be donated to Southside Community Center.
- Encouraging discussion, activism and education amongst our staff by providing articles and resources about diversity, racial justice and more.
Beginning June 11, we are once again open for in-store shopping! Here’s how it will work:
- For now, hour business hours are Mon-Sat 10-5, Sun 12-5. All staff and customers over the age of 2, are required to wear a mask inside at all times. The masks can be cloth, but must cover the nose and mouth.
- The number of customers in the store will be limited to no more than half of our legal maximum occupancy, including children over the age of 2.
- If you arrive at the store, and it is at capacity, we will kindly ask for your phone number and that you wait outside or in your car. Then, we will call you as soon as a spot opens up.(Alternatively, you are welcome to call us when you first arrive and we will let you know if we are at capacity or not).
- With this in mind, please try to limit the number of “non-shoppers” who accompany you.
- For the time being, we have removed our toys from the shelves and play areas (sorry, lil’ goslings!) and are working to get them up on Shopify for you to purchase that way.
- All customers and staff are asked to remain at least 6 feet away from each other unless separated by a plexi barrier.
- We will be wiping down door handles and high-use surfaces frequently throughout the day.
You can still shop with us by phone, email, or through social media! Give us a call or shoot us a message to get started. You will purchase your items over the phone and we can meet you at the door with your purchased items.
If you have items you would like to consign or sell, please call us at 607-269-0600 and make an appointment. We are not able to accept walk-ins at this time. We are taking in merchandise very selectively so that we can maximize our resources of time and money on merchandise that is in demand now and will move quickly. Being selective and buying by appointment only will also help pace our intake in a way that will accommodate our new systems of quarantining incoming merchandise for at least 24 hours before we process it and move it to the sales floor. For more information about what we are buying and consigning, click HERE.
We still have a lot of great spring merchandise in stock, but some sizes are a bit “thin” because we haven’t been taking in new merchandise for the last three months. Please take advantage of the coupon below to make the most of your visit and load up on what we have! Rest assured, our racks will get fuller in the coming weeks!
All sales are final except shoes and baby equipment, which must be returned within 7 days of purchase (sooner is better).
Thank you for your understanding.
Hey, Ithaca families!
Our sales floor is not yet open to the public, but here’s what we’re up to and how we can still serve you!
- We are at the store 7 days/week 10am – 4pm, ready and eager to help you make purchases over the phone. Call us at 607-269-0600 to make a purchase, message us on social media or email us at email@example.com with questions. Sales are completed in the order calls are received.
- We are bringing staff back in stages and will soon be increasing the hours we are available to serve you remotely.
- All purchases made can be picked up outside the store by appointment, between 10am and 4pm. If those times do not work for you, we are happy to work with you to make arrangements for you to pick up your items.
- We are not able to take returns at this time. However, before you make your purchases, we can send you photos as needed so you can get an accurate idea of the item’s condition before committing to purchasing it.
- We are not currently offering holds.
- Our apologies, we are not currently buying or consigning. We will let you know as soon as we feel it is safe and feasible to do so, but you can always email pictures of items you’re interested in consigning with us to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Shop on Social Media Take a gander at our Facebook and Instagram for shopping inspiration. We will continue posting both new and gently-used items from around the store. Message us when you see something you like, and remember, we have a ton of merchandise beyond what is posted!
Looking for something specific? Just give us a call, shoot us a direct message, or email us. We’ll be happy to help you find what you’re looking for. If we don’t have it, we can add you to the wishlist. While we aren’t accepting new items right now, our buyers can keep an eye out for you when buying resumes.
Ready to make a purchase? Call us to purchase it! ☎️ Our number is (607) 269-0600. Once you’ve made your purchase, we’ll schedule a time for contact free pick-up.
Interested in making a purchase, but don’t want to pull the trigger without seeing products in person? Schedule a window shopping appointment! We’ll work with you in advance to select items that you are interested in. When you arrive at your scheduled appointment time, we’ll show you the items through our front window! You can then decide whether to purchase them.
We have temporarily ceased all business activity, including our remote shopping, as of the end of day March 20, 2020. We will revisit this decision in two weeks and reach out to you via social media and our email blasts. If you are not already receiving emails from us, please join our mailing list (to the right) so that you can receive updates from us in the coming weeks.
Thank you for staying connected with us during this time of change, and helping us get our online shopping launched. We feel optimistic about the systems we created to continue to serve you remotely (online and over the phone) and will strive to get that up and running again when we feel it is safe for our staff to do so.
From all of the Geese at the Goose, we wish you and yours safety and well-being.
You should receive an email from us with the following information about possible questions you may have for us now that we have closed for business for the time being:
Q: Can Mama Goose extend my consignment period?
A: Yes. Your consignment contract will be on pause for the next two weeks. We will get in touch with you at that time and update you on your options.
Q: Can I get my item/s back now?
Yes, we will be conducting business until 4pm Friday 3/20/20. If you call us, we can make arrangements for you to pick up your item/s from one of our parking lots. There will be no person-to person contact at that juncture, so please bring someone to help you load your item/s into your vehicle if they are large.
Q: If I can’t pick up my item/s by the end of the day on Friday March 2oth, can I pick them up in 2 weeks?
Yes, if permitted, we will work with you to make your items available for pick up.
Q: I am expecting a payment for something that has sold.
A: We will be sending checks to consignors who have had all their items sell (just like usual). If all your items haven’t sold, you may request a check by 3pm Friday, March 20th to be put in the mail. Any requests not received by that time will not be able to be honored due to a limited number of hours before our staff can no longer report to work.
Q: Will you be buying and consigning again?
We will keep you apprised (via our website, email blasts and social media) when we begin to take in consignment items again.
Like you, we are striving to respond to the changing events of the day the best way we know how and as rapidly as possible.
Beginning March 18th, our stores will be temporarily closed to the public, but all of our merchandise is available for purchase online and over the phone. Please take a few minutes to read about all of our new REMOTE SHOPPING OPTIONS which we hope will meet your shopping needs while our sales floors are closed. These measures will help us in the following ways:
- Our skeleton crew can focus on serving you online and over the phone.
- Less overhead will help us conserve our resources so that we can support our remaining staff as much as possible.
- We will be supporting Ithaca’s mission to “flatten the curve” by exercising social distancing and help our health system fortify their resources and systems.
Sellers and Consignors
We are not buying and consigning merchandise at this time. Consignors, thank you for trusting your merchandise with us. We will continue to work to sell your items for you as swiftly as we can. We are sending a direct email communication to all current consignors which will answer questions you may have and outline our options for proceeding together in this unchartered territory. To allay any immediate concerns, please know that you are welcome to come pick up your items at any time. Just call us and we can bring your items out to your car for you. All payments for sold items will be by check and will be sent to you by mail. If you have items you would like to consign with us, and think they would sell in the current climate, please call us or email us (with photo) and we will add you to our list of people to contact when we are taking in consignment items again.
Please check out all of our new Remote Shopping Options and give these new systems a whirl! This is a great way to meet some of your shopping needs in a safe and efficient way and of course, keep supporting local business and your community.
As fast as we usually work to get our new merchandise on the sales floor, we will now work that hard to get our merchandise posted online for you. We will also be available by phone as much as possible for phone orders and personal shopping. Please stay tuned as we update the hours we will be in the store and available for these services.
Thank you for supporting Mama Goose & Mimi’s Attic, and all of Ithaca’s locally-owned stores.